I was going to include these pictures as part of a 'June wrap-up' post, but they deserve their own special spot on the blog! We had the privilege of visiting with our China travelmates Lisa and Lucy last month, at their home, just a couple of hours north of us. I tear up when I think about these two little girls, spending the first 17 1/2 months of their lives in a room of 10 babies, sleeping in cribs next to each other, on the other side of the world. Now, they are living two hours apart in Illinois, each one adored and the delight of her own family. God is good!
Audrey was a little shy with Lucy at first, but then warmed up and was very happy to
be the boss of share Lucy's toys. :) The girls enjoyed a little pre-lunch snack together, and then we headed to a great restaurant for lunch. (Lisa, can we go to Juicy-O every time we visit? We loved it!) There was a very high cute factor when they held hands walking into the restaurant. Audrey and Lucy did seem genuinely happy to be around each other, and we were all tickled to just watch them be together. So fun.
We have Lucy's picture on our fridge, where Audrey can see it from her high chair. She still calls Lucy "Shu Shu," even though we tell her "Lucy" every day. I wish I knew what she is thinking - does she remember hearing Lucy called Shu Shu every day from China? Or is she just saying that to say the opposite of what I tell her? :) I kind of think it's from hearing it in China, but who knows?!
Audrey and Lucy have both changed so much since December. They have grown taller, gained weight, and have so much more hair! :) Besides the physical changes, the change in the girls' demeanor is obvious, as well. They are happy, funny, and just so comfortable in their surroundings. They have come a long, long way in six months!
We are so thankful that we can visit frequently, and look forward to being together the next time! :) What a special bond for these two little girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment